How does it work? In order to
run SurfStatsLive as a Statistics Bureau, SurfStatsLive needs to
collect hit data from the web client so that it can use the hit
data to populate the site profile databases to allow end users to
the client's web site to generate hits on the SurfStatsLive Service.
This process is illustrated below, providing more detail than on
the SurfStatsLive as a Service page:
in a Statistics Bureau Configuration. Please refer to the
SurfStatsLive as a Service
page for more information about the possible configurations. Please
refer to More about
- Have a dedicated Windows 2000 web server on the Internet
with the SurfStatsLive Real-Time Reporting Service installed
and then for each client do the following:
- Create a Virtual Web Server on a unique IP Address and port
with an IIS Administration Tool like Internet Services Manager.
- Log into the SurfStatsLive Service with a web browser as
a Server Administrator, click on the Bureau tab.
The Virtual Web Servers present on the SurfStatsLive Server
will display on the left.
- Click the Virtual Web Server to use and click the Refresh
link. The SLCapture.asp file will be created in the Virtual
client will be generated and displayed. You can then copy the
insertion and removal from multiple web pages. This application
can be freely distributed to clients. Please visit the
application page for more information.
- Upload the web pages to the content web site of the client.