Conversion Tracking reports generated
by SurfStats products
- Referer Page - The name and conversion rates of the
referrers of visitors that reached the conversion page specified.
- Country – The name and conversion rates of how many
visits from a specific country reached the conversion page specified.
- Search Engine – The name and conversion rates of
how many visits referred by a specific search engine reached
the conversion page specified.
- Search Engine and Search Phrase – The name and conversion
rates of how many visits from a specific search engine reached
the conversion page specified per search phrase. Search phrases
are grouped per search engine. You can select the number of
search engines to view at once as well as the number of search
phrases per search engine.
How to interpret Conversion Tracking
- Refer to the help at the bottom of conversion tracking reports
if you are uncertain what the values in a specific column represent.
- The Ratio column shows the conversion rate for a
specific source. Click the column name to sort in ascending
or descending order to establish the most/least successful source.
- Try to establish why certain sources have high conversion
rates while other sources have low conversion rates. For instance
a specific search phrase may land visitors at an uninteresting
entry page or your site content does not provide the information
that visitors were looking for that used the search term.
- The Referer Page report can provide insight on which
advertisers provide quality visitors and which don't. Visit
the refering URL and try to determine why this is the case.
- If it appears that you get low conversion rates from certain
countries consider creating web pages in the languages spoken
in those countries.
- If it appears that you get low visit counts from certain
search engines it may be that you are ranked poorly at the search
engine, which you may need to investigate.