Setting up URL Parameter parsing in SurfStatsLive
For this sample, use
this log file
Your log file would have a request for a file (say details.asp) with
parameters. In this sample it would be something like this
GET /Buy/details.asp ListingID=1414966&ListingType=Residential
The listing ListingID of 1414966 should be replaced with the text string
Main Street and 1343859 with Smith Street in reports.
Steps to do.
1. Create a new site profile (say RealEstate)
by clicking on New Profile
2. Set the Separate Queries to Yes under Options
and click on Submit
3. Click on the Report Viewer of the newly created
4. The Report Viewer will open. Click on Basic
Conversion Tracking Setup under Options
5. Click on New Conversion Page. In this case
the conversion page is details.asp under the buy directory. Fill in the
details as below, save it and close the window.
6. Close the Report Viewer window and reset
the RealEstate site profile
7. After the Site Profile's log files has been
reparsed, click on the Report Viewer of the RealEstate site profile.
8. The Report Viewer will open. Click on the
Conversion tab and on the URL Parameter Analysis report under the /buy/details.asp
9. The report will show Main Street for ListingID
1414966 and Smith Street ListingID 1343859 .